Inspiring a Passion for Learning
Building of Citizenship
- Homeroom Timetabling
- Cancer Fundraisers – Terry Fox Run,
- School / Community / Highway Clean-up
- Food Bank Donations
- Guest Speakers
- Effective Behavioral Supports (teaching and promoting citizenship behavior)
- Student Assemblies with a Focus on Citizenship Behaviors
- No Bullying Allowed Campaign (DARE TO CARE)
- Volunteering (Between Friends)
- Donating to Charities
- Parental Supports
- Recycling Program
- Super Council
- Christmas Food Hampers
- “Student Centered” Decision Making.
- Inclusion + Teamwork = SUCCESS!
- Inclusive School where all stakeholders work collaboratively to ensure that ALL learners’ needs are being met.
- Support Services Available within the School: Family School Liaison Counsellor, First Nations, Metis, Inuit Worker, Counseling and Educational Services.
- On-going Professional Development Opportunities for Staff.
- On-going evaluation and modification of educational programming and initiatives.
- Team Horizon planning provides for more creative, interesting, curriculum aligned, and challenging lessons which meet the learning needs of all learners.
- Recognition of student excellence: ERHS Awards Night.
Student Preparation for the World of Work
- Service Learning Projects (Community Volunteerism)
- Student Mentoring Programming
- Educational Programming: Work Experience, Green Certificate, RAP Program,
- College Course Enrollment
- Super Council
- Work Ready Expectations -Punctuality, Coop.
- Leadership Activities within the school
- Application of skills to new learning or new work – i.e. technology skills, research,
- Pride in work quality.
- Financial record keeping – budgeting.
Opportunities for Parental Involvement in Your Child’s Education
- ERHS Parent Council– the voice of parents within the ERHS Learning Community.
- Ongoing Parent Communication
- Opportunity for parent & Community Volunteers
- Parent Teacher Interviews
- IPP process
- School Surveys
- School – parent partnerships (take your child to work day, work experience, presentations in the classrooms, etc)
- Communications from the school to parents and parents to the school.
- Parent opportunity to assist in classrooms with projects, coaching, and/or group leadership.
- Parents are invited and actively involved in the planning, organizing and implementing of School Wide Initiatives: Fundraising Initiatives, Review of school timetables, calendars & school plans.
Broad Program of Studies
- Leadership opportunities – Super Council
- School Wide Initiatives to support & enhance student learning (High School Flex Project)
- HIGH SCHOOL FLEXIBILITY PROJECT
- After School Tutoring
- Complementary Programs: Foods, Drama, Art, Media Lit., French, Shop, Photography, Computers, Outdoor ED, Leadership, Sports Performance
- Co-curricular & extra-curricular opportunities: Guitar/Band, Yearbook, Athletics, Robotics, Super Council